Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Question About Gold [From http://armstrongeconomics.com]

ANSWER: Yes I own gold myself. Gold is like fire insurance. It is the HEDGE against government – not inflation. If you have bought gold expecting to make money short-term, then you have wasted a lot of time. Trade the trend. What is wrong with selling gold at the high and buying at the low? I just do not get that. As an insurance, yes I only buy common date US $20s. No bullion in bars etc. That is the “just in case” hedge. It is NOT an “investment” It is plan B. Trading gold back and forth I prefer the “paper” gold thank you. Liquidity is king. These are entirely different things. What I object to is feeding people nonsense who then put everything they own into gold and then lose the farm. That is totally bad advice and uncalled for. I do not care what the investment is. You NEVER advise people to buy anything and don’t worry just hold forever no matter what. That is bad advice for stocks, bonds, or gold.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment